The Mingary Castle restoration blog was written by Jon Haylett, who lives in the local village of Kilchoan. Now that restoration is almost complete Holly and Chris Bull will take over to report on bringing the Castle back to life.

Tuesday 29 October 2013

The Castle from the Sea

With the tide low I walked round the east side of the castle today, and crossed the shingle beach onto the wave-cut platform, going out as far as I could in order to try to recreate Iain Thornber's picture which was featured on Sunday's blog entry.  There's a rock platform which got me fairly far out, but nothing like far enough to achieve the angle of the old photo, which has the hill called Glas Bheinn in the background.  Either it was taken from a boat, or at low tide during spring tides.  I'll try again.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice to see work being done to the Mingary Castle! My 3rd great grandmother was born there in 1806 from what I've read. I was curious as to why they left Mingary and came to Canada.

    ReplyDelete